Supply-Chain Disruptions Update
We send orders in to be filled in the order they are received, they will ship as quickly as possible. Due to the supply-chain disruptions, we cannot guarantee shipment dates, arrival dates or advise tracking before it becomes available. Please know we are working diligently to get your orders boxed and out the door as quickly as possible all while working with limited staff, larger than usual volume and abiding by WHO and CDC guidelines. Cargo ships are backlogged at ports. Shipping companies are overwhelmed with a huge volume of shipments which is slowing down shipment transit times. Once an order has been sent to the warehouse for fulfillment, it cannot be canceled without restocking fees. We will forward your tracking as soon as it becomes available. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this difficult time.
- Your use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these Shipping & Returns policies as well as Terms & Conditions.
- Order pick up (will call) not possible. All orders must be shipped.
- Orders generally leave the warehouses in 1 to 5 business days upon receipt of payment. Certain items may take longer. You can expect to receive your order within 7 business days unless there is a back order in which case you will be notified. * Due to the supply-chain disruptions some shipments may be a delayed 1 week or more depending on how busy the warehouse or shipping company is.
- Some orders or a part of your order may come directly from the manufacturer/vendor.
- International orders: We can ship to a US based mail/freight forwarder of your choice.
- We now offer Route package protection to help cover the cost of lost, damaged, or stolen packages and remove the carbon generated during the shipping process from the atmosphere!
- All international sales, subscriptions, sales of items on special, and special orders are final/nonrefundable (including live items and seeds).
- Some items and large orders may require shipment via Freight/LTL on pallet(s) via semi truck requiring accessibility to the shipping address.
- Dimensions listed on product pages are for calculating shipping and my not necessary by the actual item measurements.
- Items may not match the picture on the site exactly due to model year updates to color or shape, i.e. the photo may be older than the item shipped.
You may request discreet packaging in the Comments area while checking out. Generally shipments go in plain brown boxes or USPS/UPS boxes/envelopes. Unless otherwise specified large items may ship in manufacturer’s packaging w/ shipping label applied. Pallets are usually wrapped.
Upon confirming your order and landing on the checkout success thank you page you may receive a confirmation email w/ your order invoice. A valid email address is required or you will not get any email status updates. When we receive payment or get an update from shipping we will update order status and email. We will update order status and email when the order is being processed for shipment. Orders usually ship within 1-3 business days of your payment clearing. Depending on the shipper selected, you may receive an email including a tracking number and a link to the website which you can use to track your shipment.
- In addition to the tracking we email, you can check your order status anytime by logging into your account or check the Track Your Order page. We’ve partnered with Route allowing you to visually track all your orders for FREE! Download Route’s mobile app for iOS or Android to visually track your package and receive real-time notifications on its estimated delivery.
- We offer Green Package Protection at checkout to protect your order from loss, damage, theft and offset carbon emissions.
- We only ship to the address on the payment.
- All freight and orders over $500 ship with Signature Required to provide proof of delivery.
- Product weight is used to estimate shipping costs and is not necessarily accurate.
- Oversized packages are charged as if they were heavier by all shippers. Extra shipping charges for large/heavy items may be charged to your card or a PayPal payment request may be sent.
- Certain items cannot be shipped to all areas. Please see item description for details.
- The best possible shipper/shipping method (as we deem fit) will be used per order.
- Certain fragile items may ship via an equivalent USPS service so the shipment can be insured.
- Your order will ship within 30 days from us receiving the order or you will be contacted about the back order.
- We are not responsible for carrier lost/misdirected or carrier damaged shipments. All carrier lost/damaged claims must be handled directly with the freight carrier.
- Shipment address corrections and changes will incur a $20 fee plus any reconsignment fees which the customer is liable for. If the fee isn’t paid in a timely manner the shipment will be restocked before storage fees accrue which the customer is a liable for.
Someone at the shipping address will have to receive & sign for the shipment. The Freight/ LTL carrier’s truck driver will need to contact you by phone or you may contact the shipper directly to schedule a time to deliver your order. Freight/LTL shipments are on pallet(s) which come on a semi truck which must have access to your location.
Post Office Boxes / PO Boxes
Only USPS can deliver to a PO Box. UPS, FedEx, LTL carriers, CalOver and all other carriers besides USPS cannot deliver to a PO Box.
Special Order Items
Special Order (SPO) items are made to order by the manufacturer, can take 2-6 weeks (or more depending on quantity) to ship, and cannot be canceled, returned or exchanged once ordered (i.e. are nonrefundable). Built to order items, Leader pumps, KwiKool, Current Culture CCH2O, Grow Media, Pots to FL, Probes, Bluelab, Seeds, Live items, International orders, Carbon filters, Power/extension cords, Netafim, Dosatron, Hydro-Logic, PPE (e.g. Gloves & Masks), Leader pumps, Cords, Trimmers & Centurion, Robomist, True Liberty liners, items which have been discontinued, lenses, brackets and line sets, vendor HGC items, drop shipped items are all Special Order items.
We do not store any credit card numbers. If you want to add something to an order please place another order and we will do our best to combine shipments and will refund for any difference in shipping.
- Shipping prices and options are listed in the cart after providing a state and zip code as well as on the order confirmation page by providing a shipping address. If you circumvent the cart or checkout page via Apple/Google Pay or PayPal, shipping will still be added for the provided shipping address prior to finalizing the order.
- Freight charges are calculated by shippers using weight, dimensions and distance.
- The manufacturers packaging is placed into shipment boxes with packing products to protect your purchased items. This adds additional weight called tare weight. Our cost for this handling is $5 per package.
- Smaller orders may ship USPS.
- Orders weighing over 50 lbs and large items may be split into multiple boxes.
- If we are shipping a large or heavy item, some services might not be available to you. These services may not appear on the shipping options list for your order. Freight/LTL shipping may be required for some items.
- Undercharged or underestimated shipping costs may be charged to your card or a PayPal payment request may be sent. You will receive a notice via email if this is an issue.
We can ship to your US based freight forwarder. Customs and export is the responsibility of the buyer. Should customs return your shipment, you will be refunded product cost only (less restocking). As we have no way to collect international taxes, duties, VAT, etc. they are the responsibility of the buyer.
All products come with a manufacturer’s standard warranty. Please consult the manufacturer’s literature for specifics.
Particular items are available in only case/pack/bag quantities only. Please see item description for details. While items are sold individually case and/or palette sizes may be listed for customer convenience.
Green Package Protection
Horticulture Source is proud to partner with Route, the leader in package protection and tracking solutions. By selecting Route Protect at checkout, your order will be protected from loss, damage, or theft. In addition the carbon generated during the shipping process will be removed from the atmosphere! In the unfortunate case that your order never arrives or is broken upon arrival, you can easily file a shipping issue with Route and receive a replacement or be reimbursed. We are excited to offer this service to you and we highly recommend you use Route package protection at checkout.
- Shipping issues for packages marked “delivered” yet not received and where there is no evidence of “porch piracy” can be approved no earlier than 5 days after “delivery date” and no later than 15 days to ensure it was not misdelivered or easily found around the premises.
- Photos required for damaged shipping issues
- Shipping issues for packages presumed to be lost (where the status is not “delivered”) can be after 7 days (20 days for international) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
- Lost – stuck in transit
Domestic: The issue must be filed between 7 and 30 days from the last shipping update.
International: The issue must be filed between 20 and 30 days from the last shipping update.
- Stolen – marked as delivered
The issue must be filed between 5 and 15 days from when the order was marked delivered.
Stolen orders over $100 USD require a police report.
The issue must be filed with photos of damaged package and item, no later than 15 days from when order was marked delivered.
Not only can you report an issue with Route by going to claims.route.com, but you can also check the status of your issue there.
Route package protection is not refundable on a shipped, partially shipped order or order which are being prepared for shipment.
Freight Damage and Shortages
If the box is delivered open or torn, with the contents disturbed and obviously damaged, or if when lifting or lightly shaking an intact box, you can hear broken glass inside, refuse the delivery “due to damage.” UPS/FedEx will need to document a “refused due to damage” exception. This will email our warehouse that the package is returning, so they may ship a replacement order without needing to issue an RMA.
All claims must be made with the carrier. At the time of delivery, make sure there is no damage or any shortages. If there are, it must be noted in the Bill of Lading at the time of delivery. If the Bill of Lading is signed as complete / undamaged and at a later point damage or shortages are found, you will be unable to receive compensation.
IF THE ORDER ARRIVES AND IS NOT INTACT OR DAMAGED, PLEASE FOLLOW THE BELOW STEPS:Take a photo of the pallets for documentation as well as claim supporting documentation. Without photos, a carrier claim will not be honored.While the driver is still present do not sign the shipping BOL until you have thoroughly inspected the contents of the pallet for missing or damaged items.Any damage or missing items MUST BE NOTED on the Shipping BOL or delivery receipt. Without this documentation, a claim will not be approved.In addition to signing the shipping BOL, please also PRINT LEGIBLY the last name of the person receiving the order.ALSO NOTE – carriers will not approve claims that have the following verbiage “subject to inspection” or similar.
Should your shipment be lost or items were damaged in shipment and the shipment was sent insured, in order to file an insurance claim a signed and dated letter is required stating the following:
- Date the package was mailed.
- Invoice or order number.
- Description of product.
- If loss (after 21 days domestic or 45 days international or 60 days to Italy), state parcel never received; if damage, state description of damage and if repairable (most likely not).
- Signature and date.
- We require notice about any missing/wrong item(s) within 24 hours after a package has been received.
Product Availability / Back Orders
- All items are assumed to be in stock unless otherwise indicated.
- Sometimes an order comes in before another, which wipes out the remaining inventory. So while an item may be in stock when you place your order, by the time shipping gets to filling your order the warehouse may run out.
- Should an ordered item become unavailable you will be notified and it will be back ordered to ship upon arrival or you may be refunded or get an in store credit for orders order than 30 days.
- As soon as we become aware of the unavailability of an item we will update the item/customer.
- Order shipment will not be delayed due to a back order or discontinued item. All items in stock will ship and the customer will be notified about any back ordered or discontinued item(s). We will not delay/hold shipment of an order due to a back order or discontinued item. We usually will not know of a back order until the rest of the order ships.
- Shipping errors/damage will be replaced free of charge if we are contacted within 24 hours of shipment receipt.
- Returnable item returns accepted within 30 days from the date of receipt. Vendor HGC offers a buy back and exchange program, specific to like for like product exchanges, accompanied by a standardized surcharge of 5% and within 30 days of receipt of the product. Customers a required to place a new order for like kind product. Once approved, customers are required to arrange shipment back at their expense.
- All returns to stock must be received in new, unopened, saleable condition.
- Shipping paid on orders that shipped is not refundable under any circumstance.
- There is a 20% manufacturer imposed restock charge.
- You will be credited on receipt, inspection and acceptance of the return.
- Special order items, items on special, international orders, used trimmers/tumblers, live items, and seeds are not returnable.
Please email us at store (at) horticulturesource (dot) com for a Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number and the return address. We handle all returns via email to document it fully. Please write the return authorization number on the return label and include our order number inside.
There is a manufacturer imposed 20% restocking fee for all non warranty related returns. Such as if the item ordered is undamaged and the customer returns for refund. This includes products returned for credit, returned refused or unclaimed or returned due to insufficient address. Return shipping is the customers responsibility.
Vendor HGC offers a buy back and exchange program, specific to like for like product exchanges, accompanied by a standardized surcharge of 5% and within 30 days of receipt of the product. Customers are required to place a new order for like kind product. Once approved, customers are required to arrange shipment back at their expense.
Cancellations, Refused Shipments & Delivery Failures
- If you cancel your in-stock or available on backorder items order BEFORE it has been shipped, you will be assessed a 5% cancellation fee before credit is issued. This covers non-refundable card processing fees and administrative costs.
- An order may not be canceled if it is being prepared for shipment (Preparing status) or has been shipped without incurring restocking fees and/or shipping charges. Our vendors charge restocking to put pulled products back on shelves.
- Special Order items are not cancelable, exchangeable, refundable or returnable.
- Live items and seeds are not exchangeable, refundable or returnable.
- Customer will be responsible for restocking and administrative fees as well as shipping both ways on all refused shipments not marked “due to damage” by carrier and shipments which come back due to failed delivery attempts (regardless of reason including invalid address).
Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
Though very seldom, sometimes an order or part of an order needs to be returned. We will complete your Returned Merchandise Authorization form for any and all defective products (except for special and international orders). Usually return shipments will be covered if the following are met:
- Returns without authorization will not be refunded.
- Product returned without RMA approval or not sold by us will be refused and shipping charges and administrative fees applied.
- If product is returned for Warranty Repair and is out of Warranty or is in Warranty but found to be working, shipping charges will be applied. Repairs are $65 / hour labor, plus parts when not in warranty.
- Product should be returned in original packaging or equivalent. Damage due to poor packaging may void the warranty and will be the customers’ responsibility.
- Warranty will be void if factory serial # has been tampered with or removed.
- Shipped products should never be returned without prior approval.
- Return products for credit are subject to a minimum 20% restocking fee. If the item is not in like new condition the restocking fee is 40% (or may not be restockable). Restocking is manufacturer imposed.
- Always write your RMA number on the Shipping call tag and retain the receipt. Do not mark directly on the box.
- All warranties are void outside of the U.S.A. and Canada.
- Returns may not be accepted later than 30 days from the RMA issue date.
The code from the side of the lamp will be required to prove it was the one we sent and has a valid warranty. Eye Lighting has specified that glass shards inside of Hortilux lamps are not a defect and lamps will not be considered defective. They indicate the inside glass has no effect on the function of the lamp.
Meters and Probe Returns
The probe(s) sent back with or without the meter must match what we sent and not be expired or it will be returned at the customer’s expense. We keep careful track of the date codes on all probes.
The following Manufacturers require all returns go directly through them:
|Active Air Dehumidifiers||1-866-646-4332|
|Agrowtek||(847) 380-3009||[email protected]|
|Atmosphere (Vortex Fans)|
|Aura Systems||(951) 290-2872||[email protected]|
|Aurora Innovations Inc.||(541) 359-1580 ext. 402||[email protected]|
|AutoPot||(562) 612-4182||[email protected]|
|AUTOPOT WATERING SYSTEMS USA||702-338-0373||[email protected]|
|Biowave Industries||(626) 330-1923||[email protected]|
|Bluelab||(909) 599-1940||[email protected]|
|California Lightworks||800-575-3475||[email protected]|
|Can-USA Group||888-582-2762||[email protected]|
|Centurion Pro Solutions Ltd||(855) 535-0558||[email protected]|
|Centurion Products||1-855-535-0558||[email protected]|
|Current Culture||(559) 226-4769||[email protected]|
|DBC Company (HortiCare Meters)||(510) 326-8431|
|Eye Lighting/Hortilux Electronic Ballasts||(888) 665-2677|
|EZ Clone||916-626-3000||[email protected]|
|Fantech||Fax (913) 752-6480||[email protected]|
|Fast-Gro (Radient Heat Products Inc.)||(508) 947-6824 ext 8704|
|Flexi-Tank||(702) 338-0373||[email protected]|
|Foremost Media||608.758.4841||[email protected]|
|Fresca Sol/Best Coast Growers||(800) 827-1876|
|Future Brite||(866) 776-8405|
|Future Harvest/Nutra-Dip||866-491-0255||[email protected]|
|G.A.S. Technologies (Sunpulse Lamps)||(800) 667-9070|
|Galcon||(415) 455-9444 ext. 2||[email protected]|
|Gorilla Grow Tents||855-448-4769||[email protected]|
|Green Air||(503) 663-2000|
|Grow More||(800) 338-7160|
|Grozone Control||(855) 262-1800||[email protected]|
|Gualala Light Rail||(303) 371-1807||[email protected]|
|H.D. Manufacturing Co.||(800) 745-2392||[email protected]|
|Hanna Instruments||800-426-6287||[email protected]|
|Harvest Master||011-64-9-579-2057||[email protected]|
|Harvest Right, LLC||(800) 700-5508||https://harvestright.com/|
|HM Digital||800-383-2777||[email protected]|
|Humboldt Bottling||(707) 725-4119||[email protected]|
|Hydro (Pumps & Heaters)||(916) 920-5222|
|Hydro Innovations/ChillKing||(512) 321-7575|
|Hydrodynamics Inc. (Dip n Grow)||(517) 887-2007|
|Hydrotek (Lightspeed Flip-Boxes)||(450) 433-3336|
|Kwikool||(800) KWIKOOL/(713) 667-9595|
|Lasko/Air King||(800) 233-0268|
|Link4 Corporation||866-755-5465 ext. 2||[email protected]|
|Louvi Group (formerly Hydro Innovations)||844-937-6436||[email protected]|
|Lumatek||(866) 369-8943||[email protected]|
|LumiGrow||800-514-0487 ext. 10||[email protected]|
|Milwaukee Instruments||877-283-7837||[email protected]|
|Mirage||(619) 426-0033||[email protected]|
|Movin’ Cool||(800) 264-9573||[email protected]|
|MSI-PRO Co./ Saturday Solution (Safe Grow Greenhouses)||805-650-8933||[email protected]|
|Nova Biomatique/Plug N Grow/Intelligent Growing Solutions (I.G.S.)||[email protected]|
|Optimum Growth||(847) 516-4776|
|Oregon Scientific||(800) 853-8883|
|Organic Nutrients||707-742-9550||[email protected]|
|Ozone Environmental||800-765-2098.||[email protected]|
|Powerbox||(805) 520-6455||[email protected]|
|Quest Equipment||(877) 420-1330||[email protected]|
|Root Lowell Flo-Master (Sprayers & Atomizers)||(800) 253-4642|
|Roots Organics||(541) 359-1580 ext. 402||[email protected]|
|Rosin Industries/HPI Distribution||(800) 617-1478 ext. 107|
|Samsung||(817) 838-6066 ext. 258||[email protected]|
|Schaefer Fans||(800)779-3267 ext.1181||[email protected]|
|Sentinel GPS||(707) 544-3399|
|Spectrapure||(800) 685-2783||[email protected]|
|Sun Blaster||(604) 381-1166|
|Sun Winch (US Products Group)||(503) 557-5521||[email protected]|
|Titan Controls||(888) 808-4826|
|Tom’s Tumbler||(818) 280-6208||[email protected]|
|TrimPal||(435) 477-2445||[email protected]|
|TrimPro||(450) 349-0811 ext. 214|
|Vermicrop Organics||888-582-2762||[email protected]|
|Waterbury (TimeMist)||(800) 845-3495|
|Wessol, LLC – FlowZone Sprayers||803-339-2500||[email protected]|
|Xtreme Gardening (RTI)||(800) 784-4769|
- HorticultureSource.com cannot process returns for the above manufacturers (unless it is a mis-shipment or new return to stock — less restocking).
- Most manufacturers on this list will require the dated invoice which was emailed upon your order checkout confirmation.
- We advise our customers to contact these manufacturers directly. The vendors are equipped to help troubleshoot their products. We do not take returns for products from the manufacturers listed above.
RMA Process Flow Examples
When the process is followed:
- The RMA is inspected by the receiving department.
- The RMA authorization / pack slip is present and filled out accurately & completely.
- All items shipped match the packing slip in quantity and description.
- The RMA goes directly to the repair department and is in the first in / first out of queue.
- This process ensures that RMAs that have been submitted correctly will be handled in the most expeditious manner. A properly prepared RMA will no longer be delayed by an RMA that has been improperly prepared.
When the process is not followed:
- The RMA is inspected by the Receiving Department.
- Either the RMA authorization / pack slip is missing or it does not match the items shipped, and/or is not filled out accurately or completely.
- The RMA shipment is placed in the quarantine area. The discrepancies are noted on the receiving checklist and given to the Customer Service Department.
- Customer Service emails the customer and resolves the discrepancy.
- Either the paperwork is created, corrected or a new RMA is made.
- Receiving matches the corrected paperwork to the return and forwards it to the Repair Department.
- When this situation is encountered it can delay the processing of the return. This delay could be anywhere from several hours to several days, or even weeks depending on the discrepancy (e.g. could not contact the customer, or there was no identification on the package, etc.)
Return Merchandise Authorization Program Terms & Conditions
- If you have a product that needs to be returned to us, contact us for an RMA# (Return Merchandise Authorization number). Every product that is returned needs an RMA# in advance of return. Shortly after you contact us you will receive a written RMA confirmation via e-mail. This confirmation is provided for your records and a copy may be used as a packing slip. Credit will not be given if a product is returned without prior RMA authorization. Each item returned needs to be included in the RMA issued to you. Please do not send back ANY items not included on your original RMA. You will need to email us for a new RMA if you have additional items that you want to send back. When contacting us for an RMA be prepared to tell us the original invoice number that a product was purchased on (except warranty defective ballasts & lamps). Additionally, please advise us the reason for the return. Please clearly write the RMA # on the shipping label, not directly on the box.
- Whenever possible ship products back to us in protective over wrap boxes. If you send something to us, please do not affix the freight sticker directly on the original product box. If an over wrap box is not available, please put a couple short strips of clear tape on the box and attach the shipping label to the tape. In this way the original product box will not be destroyed when we try to remove the shipping label. All products that are damaged in transit because of deficient packaging may not be eligible for warranty credit or repair.
- If you have a product that needs repair or replacement, we will turn the product around promptly. Please test all items and verify they are still in warranty before you return them. If we receive a unit and after thorough testing it is found to be fully functional, we will have to pass on a charge to you of $65.00 to cover the inbound and outbound freight. If you return a light system that is found to be out of warranty, Sunlight Supply will gladly fix it, but we will have to charge you inbound & outbound freight, parts and labor ($65.00 per hour).
- If you are returning a product for credit (i.e. miss-ordered item), you will be responsible for paying the freight back to us. In addition, we will need to pass on a 20% manufacturer imposed restocking fee. The credit will be reduced by 20%. This restocking fee will be used to cover the original outbound freight (if applicable), administrative costs, labor, replacement packing, etc. The appropriate credit will be applied to your card (if valid), PayPal account, or we will send a check and in any case you will be emailed a receipt.
- We are not able to offer credits or replacements on items that are outside of the manufacturers’ warranty. If you return one of the products that we sell (non-lighting products) and it is found to be out of warranty, we will contact you for resolution. When you return distributed items that are found to be defective and under warranty we will credit you.
- Please allow up to 30 days of us receiving your returned goods and refund request for any credit to be issued.
- Warranty Information: Warranty on all items will be the manufacturer’s standard warranty. Please consult the manufacturer’s packaging or literature for specifics. Most manufacturers’ will require a receipt and many will also need the original packaging.
- If you are having difficulties with one of our other sold products, (i.e. missing parts, defective product, etc.) you can contact the manufacturer directly or email us. If you contact us, we will work with the manufacturer on your behalf when possible to get the problem resolved. In most cases, it will not make sense to bring the product all the way back to us. We will have the manufacturer send you a missing part, replacement product, return authorization, etc.
When issuing a refund we will credit your original form of payment when possible. When not possible and orders older than 30 days will receive an in store credit. If you prefer a refund instead you will be refunded via PayPal less 5% for card fees and administrative costs. Refunds which come back unclaimed or are returned will be considered void and forfeit. In store credit will be assessed inactivity fees in 12 months.