- Order pick up (will call) not possible. All orders must be shipped.
- Orders generally leave the warehouses in 1 to 3 business days upon receipt of payment. Certain items may take longer. You can expect to receive your order within 7 business days unless there is a backorder in which case you will be notified.
- Some orders or a part of your order may come directly from the manufacturer/vendor.
- International orders: We can ship to your mail/freight forwarder.
- All international sales, sales of items on special, and special orders are final (including live items and seeds).
- Some items and large orders may require shipment via LTL such as Estes.
You may request discreet packaging in the Comments area while checking out. Generally shipments go in plain brown boxes or USPS/UPS boxes/envelopes. Unless otherwise specified large items may ship in manufacturer’s packaging w/ shipping label applied.
Upon confirming your order and landing on the checkout success thank you page you may receive a confirmation email w/ your order invoice. A valid email address is required or you will not get any email status updates. When we receive payment or get an update from shipping we will update order status and email. We will update order status and email when the order is being processed for shipment. Orders usually ship within 1-3 business days of your payment clearing. Depending on the shipper selected, you may receive an email including a tracking number and a link to the website which you can use to track your shipment.
- We only ship to the address on file w/ the card company.
- All orders over $100 will ship with Signature Required to provide proof of delivery.
- Product weight is used to estimate shipping costs and is not necessarily accurate. Overcharged shipping costs may be refunded.
- Oversized packages are charged as if they were heavier by all shippers. Extra shipping charges for large/heavy items may be charged to your card or a PayPal payment may be sent.
- Certain items cannot be shipped to all areas. Please see item description for details.
- The best possible shipper/shipping method (as we deem fit) will be used per order.
- Certain fragile items may ship via an equivalent USPS service so the shipment can be insured.
- Your order will ship within 30 days from us receiving the order or you will be contacted about the back order or will be refunded.
- We are not responsible for carrier lost/misdirected or carrier damaged shipments. All carrier lost/damaged claims must be handled directly with the freight carrier.
Someone at the shipping address will have to receive the shipment. The LTL carrier’s truck driver will need to contact you by phone or you may contact the shipper directly to schedule a time to deliver your order.
Post Office Boxes / PO Boxes
Only USPS can deliver to a PO Box. UPS, FedEx, LTL carriers, CalOver and all other carriers besides USPS cannot deliver to a PO Box.
Special Order Items
Special Order Items are made to order by the manufacturer, can take 2-6 weeks to ship, and cannot be canceled, returned or exchanged once ordered. Trimmers & Centurion items are Special Order items.
We do not store any credit card numbers. If you want to add something to an order please place another order and we will do our best to combine shipments and will refund for any difference in shipping.
- Freight charges are calculated by shippers using weight and dimensions.
- The manufacturers packaging is placed into shipment boxes with packing products to protect your purchased items. This adds additional weight called tare weight. Our cost for this handling is $5 per package.
- Smaller orders may ship USPS.
- Orders weighing over 50 lbs and large items may be split into multiple boxes.
- If we are shipping a large or heavy item, some services might not be available to you. These services may not appear on the shipping options list for your order. LTL shipping may be required for some items.
- Overcharged shipping may be refunded. Undercharged or underestimated shipping costs may be charged to your card or a PayPal payment request may be sent. You will receive a notice via email if this is an issue.
- The following chart summarizes the carriers’ restrictions for weight and dimensions.
Definitions used in the chart are:
- Girth is the distance around the package at it’s thickest part.
- Length is the longest side of a package.
- Volume is length times width times height.
We can ship to your US based freight forwarder. Customs is the responsibility of the buyer. Should customs return your shipment, you will be refunded product cost only (less restocking). As we have no way to collect international taxes, duties, VAT, etc. they are the responsibility of the buyer.
All products come with a manufacturer’s standard warranty. Please consult the manufacturer’s literature for specifics.
Particular items are available in only case/pack/bag quantities only. Please see item description for details. While items are sold individually case and/or palette sizes may be listed for customer convenience.
Freight Damage and Shortages
If the box is delivered open or torn, with the contents disturbed and obviously damaged, or if when lifting or lightly shaking an intact box, you can hear broken glass inside, refuse the delivery “due to damage.” UPS/FedEx will need to document a “refused due to damage” exception. This will email our warehouse that the package is returning, so they may ship a replacement order without needing to issue an RMA.
All claims must be made with the carrier. At the time of delivery, make sure there is no damage or any shortages. If there are, it must be noted in the Bill of Lading at the time of delivery. If the Bill of Lading is signed as complete / undamaged and at a later point damage or shortages are found, you will be unable to receive compensation.
Should your shipment be lost or items were damaged in shipment and the shipment was sent insured, in order to file an insurance claim a signed and dated letter is required stating the following:
- Date the package was mailed.
- Invoice or order number.
- Description of product.
- If loss (after 21 days domestic or 45 days international or 60 days to Italy), state parcel never received; if damage, state description of damage and if repairable (most likely not).
- Signature and date.
- We require notice about any missing item(s) within 48 hours after a package has been received.
Product Availability / Back Orders
- All items are assumed to be in stock unless otherwise indicated.
- Sometimes an order comes in before another, which wipes out the remaining inventory. So while an item may be in stock when you place your order, by the time shipping gets to filling your order the warehouse may run out.
- Should an ordered item become unavailable you will be notified and it will be back ordered to ship upon arrival or you will be refunded.
- As soon as we become aware of the unavailability of an item we will update the item.
- Order shipment will not be delayed due to a back order. All items in stock will ship and the customer will be notified about any back ordered item(s). We will not delay/hold shipment of an order due to a back order. We usually will not know of a back order until the rest of the order ships.
- Shipping errors/damage will be replaced free of charge if we are contacted within 7 days of shipment receipt.
- Returnable item returns accepted within 30 days from the invoice date.
- All returns must be received in new, unopened, saleable condition.
- Shipping paid on orders that shipped is not refundable under any circumstance.
- There is a 20% manufacturer imposed restock charge.
- You will be credited on receipt and inspection of the return.
- Special order items, items on special, international orders, live items, and seeds are not returnable.
Please email us at store (at) horticulturesource (dot) com for a Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number and the return address. We handle all returns via email or our support ticket system to document it fully. Please write the return authorization number on the return label and include our order number inside.
There is a manufacturer imposed 20% restocking fee for all non warranty related returns. Such as if the item ordered is undamaged and the customer returns for refund. This includes products returned for credit, returned refused or unclaimed or returned due to insufficient address. These returns are accepted within 30 days from the invoice date.
Cancellations, Refused Shipments & Delivery Failures
- An order may not be canceled if it is being processed for shipment or has been shipped.
- Special Order items are not cancelable, exchangeable, refundable or returnable. Kwikool items are Special Order items.
- Live items and seeds are not exchangeable, refundable or returnable.
- Customer will be responsible for restocking and administrative fees as well as shipping both ways on all refused shipments not marked “due to damage” by carrier and shipments which come back due to failed delivery attempts (regardless of reason including invalid address).
Returned Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
Though very seldom, sometimes an order or part of an order needs to be returned. We will complete your Returned Merchandise Authorization form for any and all defective products (except for special and international orders). Usually return shipments will be covered if the following are met:
- Product returned without RMA approval or not sold by us will be refused and shipping charges and administrative fees applied.
- If product is returned for Warranty Repair and is out of Warranty or is in Warranty but found to be working, shipping charges will be applied. Repairs are $65 / hour labor, plus parts when not in warranty.
- Product should be returned in original packaging or equivalent. Damage due to poor packaging may void the warranty and will be the customers’ responsibility.
- Warranty will be void if factory serial # has been tampered with or removed.
- Shipped products should never be returned without prior approval.
- Return products for credit are subject to a minimum 20% restocking fee. If the item is not in like new condition the restocking fee is 40% (or may not be restockable). Restocking is manufacturer imposed.
- Always write your RMA number on the Shipping call tag and retain the receipt. Do not mark directly on the box.
- All warranties are void outside of the U.S.A. and Canada.
- Returns may not be accepted later than 30 days from the RMA issue date.
The code from the side of the lamp will be required to prove it was the one we sent and has a valid warranty.
Meters and Probe Returns
The probe(s) sent back with or without the meter must match what we sent and not be expired or it will be returned at the customer’s expense. We keep careful track of the date codes on all probes.
The following Manufacturers require all RMAs go directly through them:
|Agrowtek||(847) 380-3009||agrowtek (at) agrowtek (dot) com|
|Aura Systems||(951) 290-2872||auraacsystems (at) gmail (dot) com|
|Aurora Innovations Inc.||(541) 359-1580 ext. 402||lena (at) aurorainnovations (dot) com|
|AutoPot||(562) 612-4182||jason (at) autopot-usa (dot) com|
|Biowave Industries||(626) 330-1923||aim (at) biowaveindustries (dot) com|
|Botanicare||(877) 753-0404||Fax (480) 777-2015|
|California Lightworks||(800) 575-3475||Fax (818) 592-6078 info (at) californialightworks (dot) com|
|CAP||(866) 476-9768||Fax (951) 343-3088|
|Cutting Edge Solutions||(707) 528-0522 ext 1||Fax (707) 528-0422|
|DBC Company (HortiCare Meters)||(510) 326-0579|
|Durotech||(800) 239-0265||Fax (615) 874-9513|
|Eye Lighting (e-Ballasts Only)||(888) 665-2677|
|EZ-Clone||(916) 626-3000||Fax (916) 626-3001|
|Fast-Gro (Radient Heat Products Inc.)||(508) 947-6824 ext 8704|
|Future Brite||(866) 776-8405||Fax (330) 965-9558|
|Future Harvest/Tri Meter/Nutri-Dip/Sun Blaster||(866) 491-0255||warranty (at) extremegrowing (dot) com|
|Fresca Sol/Best Coast Growers||(800) 827-1876|
|G.A.S. Technologies (Sunpulse Lamps)||(800) 667-9070||www.sunpulselamps.com|
|General Hydroponics||(800) 374-9376||Fax (707) 824-9377|
|Green Air||(503) 663-2000||Fax (503) 663-1147|
|Gualala—Light Movers||(877) 674-9294||repairs (at) lightrail3 (dot) com|
|Gorilla Grow Tents||(855) 448-4769||tyler (at) gorillagrowtent (dot) com|
|Grow More||(800) 338-7160|
|Grozone Control||(855) 262-1800||service (at) grozonecontrol (dot) com|
|Hanna Instruments||(800) 426-6287||tech (at) hannainst (dot) com|
|Harvest Master||011-64-9-579-2057||support (at) harvest-master (dot) com|
|H.D. Manufacturing Co.||(800) 745-2392||fritz (at) hdhudson (dot) com|
|HM Digital||(310) 410-3100/(800) 383-2777||Fax (310) 410-3106|
|Humboldt Bottling||(707) 725-4119||info (at) emeraldtriangle (dot) biz|
|Hydro (Pumps & Heaters)||(916) 920-5222|
|Hydro Innovations/ChillKing||(512) 321-7575||Fax (512) 285-4606|
|Hydrodynamics Inc. (Dip n Grow)||(517) 887-2007||Fax (517) 887-2008|
|Hydro Hut||www.hydrohuts.com||hydrohuts (at) gmail.com|
|HydroLogic||(888) 426-5644||Fax (831) 336-9840|
|Hydrotek (Lightspeed Flip-Boxes)||(450) 433-3336|
|Ideal-Air||(877) 9-IDEAL-1||Fax (360) 405-0016|
|Kwikool||(800) KWIKOOL/(713) 667-9595|
|Lasko/Air King||(800) 233-0268|
|Link4 Corporation||(866) 755-5465 ext.2||support (at) link4corp (dot) com|
|Lumatek||(866) 369-8943||support (at) lumatekballast (dot) com|
|LumiGrow||(800) 514-0487 ext. 10||info (at) lumigrow (dot) com|
|Milwaukee Instruments||(877) 283-7837||Fax (252) 443-1937|
|MSI-PRO Co./ Saturday Solution (Safe Grow Greenhouses)||Fax (503) 647-2272 pop (at) jewettcameron (dot) com|
|Movin Cool||(800) 264-9573||info (at) movincool (dot) com|
|*Nova Biomatique/IGS/Plug N’ Grow||(888) 577-6274||Fax (418) 856-3387|
|Optimum Growth||(847) 516-4776||Fax (847) 516-1655|
|Oregon Scientific||(800) 853-8883|
|Powerbox||(805) 520-6455||Fax (310) 388-5335 info (at) powerboxinc (dot) com|
|Quest Equipment||(877) 420-1330||Fax (608) 222-1447 info (at) questhydro (dot) com|
|Root Lowell Flo-Master||(800) 253-4642||Fax (800) 968-3555|
|Sentinel||(707) 544-3399||support (at) grow-gps (dot) com|
|Solatel||(831) 462-9494||Fax (831) 475-8245|
|Spectrapure||(800) 685-2783||scott (at) spectrapure (dot) com|
|Sun Winch (US Products Group)||(503) 557-5521||smt (at) usaprogrip (dot) com|
|Titan Controls||(888) 808-4826||Fax (360) 450-0012|
|Vermicrop||(800) 994-8775||Fax (916) 652-4652|
|Waterbury (TimeMist)||(800) 845-3495|
|Xtreme Gardening||(800) 784-4769|
- HorticultureSource.com cannot process returns for the above manufacturers (unless it is a mis-shipment or new return to stock — less restocking).
- Most vendors on this list will require the dated invoice which was emailed upon your order checkout confirmation.
- Although we do take Atmosphere-Vortex fans back, they require that you complete a return check list and include a dated receipt. Please email customer service if you need a copy of the Vortex checklist.
- We advise our customers to contact these vendors directly. The vendors are equipped to help troubleshoot their products. We do not take returns for products from the manufacturers listed above.
* Customers must call Nova Bio directly and get an RMA number from them. We will issue a credit as long as we have a Nova RMA number with the returned unit.
RMA Process Flow Examples
When the process is followed:
- The RMA is inspected by the receiving department.
- The RMA authorization / pack slip is present and filled out accurately & completely.
- All items shipped match the packing slip in quantity and description.
- The RMA goes directly to the repair department and is in the first in / first out of queue.
- This process ensures that RMAs that have been submitted correctly will be handled in the most expeditious manner. A properly prepared RMA will no longer be delayed by an RMA that has been improperly prepared.
When the process is not followed:
- The RMA is inspected by the Receiving Department.
- Either the RMA authorization / pack slip is missing or it does not match the items shipped, and/or is not filled out accurately or completely.
- The RMA shipment is placed in the quarantine area. The discrepancies are noted on the receiving checklist and given to the Customer Service Department.
- Customer Service emails the customer and resolves the discrepancy.
- Either the paperwork is created, corrected or a new RMA is made.
- Receiving matches the corrected paperwork to the return and forwards it to the Repair Department.
- When this situation is encountered it can delay the processing of the return. This delay could be anywhere from several hours to several days, or even weeks depending on the discrepancy (e.g. could not contact the customer, or there was no identification on the package, etc.)
Return Merchandise Authorization Program Terms & Conditions
- If you have a product that needs to be returned to us, contact us for an RMA# (Return Merchandise Authorization number). Every product that is returned needs an RMA# in advance of return. Shortly after you contact us you will receive a written RMA confirmation via e-mail. This confirmation is provided for your records and a copy may be used as a packing slip. Credit will not be given if a product is returned without prior RMA authorization. Each item returned needs to be included in the RMA issued to you. Please do not send back ANY items not included on your original RMA. You will need to email us for a new RMA if you have additional items that you want to send back. When contacting us for an RMA be prepared to tell us the original invoice number that a product was purchased on (except warranty defective ballasts & lamps). Additionally, please advise us the reason for the return. Please clearly write the RMA # on the shipping label, not directly on the box.
- Whenever possible ship products back to us in protective over wrap boxes. If you send something to us, please do not affix the freight sticker directly on the original product box. If an over wrap box is not available, please put a couple short strips of clear tape on the box and attach the shipping label to the tape. In this way the original product box will not be destroyed when we try to remove the shipping label. All products that are damaged in transit because of deficient packaging may not be eligible for warranty credit or repair.
you have a product that needs repair or replacement, we will turn the
product around promptly. Please test all items and verify they are still
in warranty before you return them. If we receive a unit and after
thorough testing it is found to be fully functional, we will have to
pass on a charge to you of $65.00 to cover the inbound and outbound
freight. If you return a light system that is found to be out of
warranty, Sunlight Supply will gladly fix it, but we will have to charge
you inbound & outbound freight, parts and labor ($65.00 per hour).
- If you are returning a product for credit (i.e. miss-ordered item), you will be responsible for paying the freight back to us. In addition, we will need to pass on a 20% manufacturer imposed restocking fee. The credit will be reduced by 20%. This restocking fee will be used to cover the original outbound freight (if applicable), administrative costs, labor, replacement packing, etc. The appropriate credit will be applied to your card (if valid), PayPal account, or we will send a check and in any case you will be emailed a receipt.
- We are not able to offer credits or replacements on items that are outside of the manufacturers’ warranty. If you return one of the products that we sell (non-lighting products) and it is found to be out of warranty, we will contact you for resolution. When you return distributed items that are found to be defective and under warranty we will credit you.
- Please allow up to 30 days of us receiving your returned goods and refund request for any credit to be issued.
- Warranty Information: Warranty on all items will be the manufacturer’s standard warranty. Please consult the manufacturer’s packaging or literature for specifics. Most manufacturers’ will require a receipt and many will also need the original packaging.
- If you are having difficulties with one of our other sold products, (i.e. missing parts, defective product, etc.) you can contact the manufacturer directly or email us. If you contact us, we will work with the manufacturer on your behalf when possible to get the problem resolved. In most cases, it will not make sense to bring the product all the way back to us. We will have the manufacturer send you a missing part, replacement product, return authorization, etc.
When issuing a refund we will credit your original form of payment when possible. Note: If we are unable to refund a credit card, we will attempt to refund via PayPal. Money Order and Check payments will be refunded via PayPal. Refunds which come back unclaimed or are returned will be considered void and forfeit.