- A blend of high-purity aragonite particulate grades to simulate the natural substrate particle profile of tropical reef lagoons.
- Multiple particulate grades encourage biochemical reactions (e.g. nitrification and denitrification) within the sediment to facilitate continuous release of consistent ions (calcium, carbonate, strontium, magnesium, potassium, and sixty minor and trace elements), encouraging the growth of reef-building organism and helping stabilizing pH.
- Over 39% calcium and 57% carbonate by dry weight.
- Applications include refugia, sea grass and microalgae bed systems, mangrove systems, and other methods of filtration employing substrate to facilitate natural reduction of organic and nitrogenous waste, and reef aquaria of all sizes (notably nano-reef systems).
- Formulated by a marine scientist.