The NanoScope allows the hobbyist to venture into this hidden world and observe tiny marine creatures and natural feeding behaviours of corals. This can give better understanding of long term coral care and how micro fauna can influence the over all health of our systems.
Within the last few years hobbyists have also been made aware of various coral pests that can plague a reef tank and quickly decimate coral stocks. These tiny creatures are often no more than the size of a pin head and are easily missed resulting in misdiagnosis and the hobbyist blaming the losses on their own husbandry.
When armed with the D-D Nanoscope hobbyists can identify coral predators such as:
...and many more.
- SPS Red bugs
- Montipora eating Nudibranch
- Zoanthid Spiders
- Clam eating Pyramid snails
- Zoanthid eating Sundial snails
- Soft coral eating Nudibranch
- SPS eating Flatworms
The NanoScope can also be used to diagnose early symptoms of disease in corals that can initiate Necrotic loss of tissue.
With careful use images and video can also be taken through the NanoScope using a mobile phone capable of auto focus. The images can be invaluable for online diagnosis or identification of unknown creatures.
The images in the slide show on this page and the you tube video were all taken by carefully holding a mobile phone to the NanoScopes eye piece whilst the NanoScope was mounted to the glass via the included flexible mount.
- Minimum focus distance without close viewing optic: 48x - 25cm
- Maximum focus distance without close viewing optic: 24x - 3 Meters to infinity
- Clear acrylic clamp that accepts standard tripod threads
- Close up viewing optic
- NanoScope with lens and eyepiece covers
- Includes a threaded flexible mount that screws into the Acrylic tripod clamp and uses a suction cup to attach to the aquarium glass
Part number : NS01
Your Price $115.95 / each Estimate Shipping · Price Match
— Ships from Ontario, CA, Samoa, CA, Livermore, CA, Vancouver, WA, Denver, CO, Detriot, MI, Nashville, TN, York, PA, and/or Pompano Beach, FL USA
For more information, please visit the manufacturer
D-D The Aquarium Solution's website.
See more D-D The Aquarium Solution products.